Thousands of tourist from all over the world travel to the bustling ‘red city’ of Marrakech to take in the’step back in time’ lifestyle, browse the colorful souks, be tantalised by the smells filling in the alleyways and taste the delicious flavors of Moroccan Cuisine. However, you cannot visit Marrakech without taking a trip to view the magnificent scenery of the surrounding Atlas Mountains.
Imlil is the centre of mountain tourism in Morocco due to its unique position. From here, hikers head up to Toubkal, the highest mountain in Morocco. The Imlil area was well known for its walnuts, apples and cherry production. While these are still important to the local economy, these have been eclipsed by tourism. Both mountain tourists and Moroccans come to Imlil seeking a cool relief from the heat in Marrakech. The Film ‘Seven years in Tibet’ was partly filmed in the village.
- The Berber People – Meet the local Berber people, enjoy their warm hospitality and learn about their traditions.
- Unforgettable moods, diverse impressions and experiences
- Atlas Mountains – A centre-based trek in the highest and most scenic mountain range in North Africa.
Tour Type: Big Group
- Duration: 1 Day
- Period:All year
- Level: easy
- Accommodation: No
- Meals: 1 lunche
- Start Point: Marrakech
- End Point: Marrakech
- Altitude on Trek (m): 2200 m
- Transport: Minibus or 4×4
- Collection and return to your hotel
- Commentary en route
- guided walks
- Traditional meal in a local restaurant