Day 1: Marrakech- Imlil – Toubkal Refuge
This trek starts from Imlil (1740m), a small Berber village 67km from Marrakech. Here you will meet the team who will accompany you during this short but amazing adventure. The driver will drop us off in the village and the muleteers will collect your luggage, food and all the other equipment.
We start the walk with an experienced mountain guide through the Berber villages following a mule track which will take you to the mountain hut via shrine Sidi Shamharoche (2500m). Here you will have your picnic lunch prepared in advance by our cook. After lunch and short break, we will continue towards the refuge (2300m). The shower is available to clean your body and be ready for the next day. Option: the night could be spent on the tent in summer time. Walking: 6 hours
Day 2: Toubkal Refuge – Toubkal summit – Imlil
After 3h/ 4h walking up the hill, you will see all the high atlas mountains like a view from the air. You will also have a stunning view of the grain valley and Berber village, before getting to the summit.
We will have a break of 20 to 30min on the summit to take pictures and enjoy the views before heading down to the hut. A delicious lunch will be ready for you there. After lunch you will walk down hill towards Imlil by the same route. Transfer pick up from Imlil and return to Marrakech. Walking: 9 hours
- Atlas Mountains – A centre-based trek in the highest and most scenic mountain range in North Africa.
- Spend 1 nights in a Mountain refuge in the tranquil village of Imlil.
- The Berber People – Meet the local Berber people, enjoy their warm hospitality and learn about their traditions.
- Unforgettable moods, diverse impressions and experiences
Challenge yourself to climb the highest peak in North Africa in 2 days. The tour starts and finishes in the vibrant city of Marrakech, and includes transport from and back to Marrakech. We will trek with a local English, German, French or Spanish speaking guide, a local cook and mules to carry our luggage.
It’s a challenging walk rather than a climb, and anybody in good physical condition can reach the top. Make sure you bring your camera; the views from the summit are spectacular. Mount Toubkal 4167m is the highest peak in North Africa, and is a trekking peak involving no climbing two days involve walking in crampons holding an ice axe for security (Nov to April). The itinerary has been designed for keen walkers, as the ascent is non-technical, but involves some easy scrambling and snow slopes.
- Tour Type: Small Group
- Duration: 2 Days
- Period:All year
- Level: Sportiv
- Accommodation: 1 nights in Refuge or in a Camp
- Meals: 1 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinners
- Start Point: Marrakech
- End Point: Marrakech
- Altitude on Trek (m): 4176 m
- Transport: Minibus or 4×4
What the Price does not Include:
- tips for porters, guides and other staff
- bar bills, drinks with meals, hotel refreshments
- meals other than those specified in the relevant trip dossier,
- entrance charges to some historical sites, certain national park and peak fees
- travel insurance
- personal clothing and equipment
What the Price Includes:
- Transport (4×4, minibus)
- Airport transfers at the beginning and end of a trip
- Accommodation (hotel, riads, mountain refuge, local guesthouse or camping)
- If you would like to book your own hotel or riad room, we can adjust the price of the tour. Please contact us for more details.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Experienced local leader(s)
- Local crew of drivers, cooks, porters and other appropriate staff