Day 1: Marrakech – Imlil – Tizi n’tamaterte – Tachddirt
You will be picked up from the hotel or riad in Marrakech and driven towards the Atlas Mountains. After we meet our muleteers & the cook, we start the trek from the Imlil village (1740m), which is the starting point of all the treks around the High Atlas Mountains including Toubkal massif.
We then head up Imnan valley via Tizi N’Tamaterte (2279m). Lunch here and continue to Tachdirte (2300m), the last village of the valley. In the afternoon, we will explore the Berber culture including a possibility to visit a Berber house & also have a mint tea with the family. Overnight at a guest house. Walking time: 5 hrs
Day 2: Tachddirt –Tizi n’Tachdirte – Timichi
We walk for another half hour to reach our lunch place before continue towards Timishi village via Ansa berber village. This is the start of Ourika valley. Overnight at a Berber house in Timichi.
Day 3: Timichi (1980m)– Setti Fadma (1400m)
Passing through the villages of Isghouarne, Tiwrdiw and Agadir n’Aït Boulmane, we arrive at the end of the beautiful Ourika Valley proper and the renowned Berber village of Setti Fadma, with its ancient nut trees and waterfalls. Take lunch, explore and relax until the vehicle arrives to take us back to Marrakech.
- Atlas Mountains – A centre-based trek in the highest and most scenic mountain range in North Africa.
- Spend 1 nights in a Mountain refuge in the tranquil village of Imlil.
- The Berber People – Meet the local Berber people, enjoy their warm hospitality and learn about their traditions.
- Unforgettable moods, diverse impressions and experiences
Imlil, Morocco, serves as a base for hikers, mule-trekkers and serious mountaineers alike wishing to either explore the valleys or attempt the 4000 metre climb to Jebel Toubkal’s summits.
On the way to Imlil, there is a beautiful drive to Asni, a small crossroads town set in luxuriant gardens and orchards, and famed for its alpine flowers in spring, its lovely walks on the Kik plateau, and its souk held every Saturday.Just 70 miles from Marrakech, Imlil sits in a west-facing valley in the High Atlas Mountains and is overlooked by the Jebel Toubkal, the highest mountain in North Africa.
Your trek through this striking area of the world will only take you 3 days in total, but can be extended or altered to accommodate you and your group
- Tour Type: Small Group
- Duration: 3 Days
- Period:All year
- Level: Medium
- Accommodation: 2 nights in guest house or in a Camp
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Start Point: Marrakech
- End Point: Marrakech
- Altitude on Trek (m):3100 m
- Transport: Minibus or 4×4 and Mules
What the Price does not Include:
- tips for porters, guides and other staff
- bar bills, drinks with meals, hotel refreshments
- meals other than those specified in the relevant trip dossier,
- entrance charges to some historical sites, certain national park and peak fees
- travel insurance
- personal clothing and equipment
What the Price Includes:
- Transport (4×4, minibus)
- Airport transfers at the beginning and end of a trip
- Accommodation (hotel, riads, mountain refuge, local guesthouse or camping)
- If you would like to book your own hotel or riad room, we can adjust the price of the tour. Please contact us for more details.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Experienced local leader(s)
- Local crew of drivers, cooks, porters and other appropriate staff