Transfer from Marrakech towards Imlil, meet your guide & muleteers, then start the trek to Ouanskra via the pass Tizi n’Tamaterte (2279m). Here you will see nice views above both valleys, Imlil & Imnane and also the high atlas peaks over 4000m.
Lunch will be provided by our cook on the same pass. Afterwards, we continue to the village Ouanskra, staying overnight at a gite or guest house. Walking time: 5 hrs
After breakfast, we leave Ouaneskra towards Oukaïmeden the highest ski station in Africa 3600m, passing Tizi n’Addi (2920m) and trek down to Oukaïmeden spend the night in the refuge or camp site. Walking time: 5 to 6 hours
We walking from Oukaïmeden to Timichi village on the other side via the Tiferguine labourers, then Tizi n’Ouhattar (3100m).
We will cross many Berber villages in the Ourika valley, such as Agounss and Timichchi. Overnight in camp or Berber gîte. Walking time: 6 to 7 hrs
On the last day, we will trek from Timichchi to Setti Fatma, walking along the Ourika valley with its beautiful gorges, berber villages (Tiourdou, Anfli, Tadrart, Chiker) & laboures. We will stop on the way at one these villages for lunch, then continue to Setti Fadma, via Agadir n’Aït Boulmane with a visit to the waterfall. Then we will be picked up and transported back to Marrakech.
Walking time: 6 hrs
- Atlas Mountains – A centre-based trek in the highest and most scenic mountain range in North Africa.
- Spend 1 nights in a Mountain refuge in the tranquil village of Imlil.
- The Berber People – Meet the local Berber people, enjoy their warm hospitality and learn about their traditions.
- Unforgettable moods, diverse impressions and experiences
The alternative trek to the previous walk designed along the local paths and mule trails shows a different part of the area. It is a nice option for people keen on learning about the region’s geography and culture history. View over the snow-capped peaks from the passes is altered by village walks observing the daily rural activities. Juniper vegetation, pine trees, oak trees and red village due to using red clay as a building material are the lei-motives of this hike.
- Tour Type: Small Group
- Duration: 4 Days
- Period:All year
- Level: Medium
- Accommodation: 3 nights in guest house or in a Camp
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- Start Point: Marrakech
- End Point: Marrakech
- Altitude on Trek (m): 3600 m
- Transport: Minibus or 4×4 and mules for the luggage
What the Price does not Include:
- tips for porters, guides and other staff
- bar bills, drinks with meals, hotel refreshments
- meals other than those specified in the relevant trip dossier,
- entrance charges to some historical sites, certain national park and peak fees
- travel insurance
- personal clothing and equipment
What the Price Includes:
- Transport (4×4, minibus)
- Airport transfers at the beginning and end of a trip
- Accommodation (hotel, riads, mountain refuge, local guesthouse or camping)
- If you would like to book your own hotel or riad room, we can adjust the price of the tour. Please contact us for more details.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Experienced local leader(s)
- Local crew of drivers, cooks, porters and other appropriate staff