You will be picked up at the Marrakesh airport by our team to escort you in our mini buses to the hotel where you can refresh prior to dinner. Enjoy the opportunity to get to know your fellow guests and team as we dine together. After dinner (every evening), you will be offered a briefing for the next day to ensure you are always prepared.
Take some deep breaths as you start to move away from the busy city into the calmness and tranquility of the mountains, arriving at Ouzoud in time for lunch next to the cool waterfalls.
We offer an optional afternoon walk to take in the beautiful scenery. Carry your cameras as you will want to capture the natural beauty and may even meet some wild monkeys on the way. Fall asleep listening to the peaceful sounds of the waterfalls and wake up to the sound of the variety of bird songs.
After Breakfast, we set off to the Ait Bougmaz Valley. Driving through the scenic snow covered Atlas Mountains region, we arrive to our hotel with time to relax and refresh prior to dinner.
True Berber life remains strong in the ‘happy valley’ and the surrounding area is the perfect setting for your next few days of discovery walks. Each evening, we offer the opportunity to join in a variety of games with fellow guests or time to relax alone.
We start with a scenic mountain tour to the tomb of holy men: Sidi Moussa (Lord Moses) and Sidi Chitta (Lord Chitta), according to local legend.
Slowly climbing the winding pathway around the mountain, we will reach the Sidi Moussa, now an small local museum, where we will take a short visit to say hello to the 112 years old garden!
Enjoy lunch with a Berber family and then return via a local market where you may wish to purchase authentic gifts. Why not get into the real Moroccan style and buy a traditional shash to protect your head from the sun?
Back to the hotel for relaxation prior to dinner. Morocco boasts crystal clear skies and it may make you happy to point out the numerous star consolations.
After breakfast, we trek to the source of the irrigation for the local villages. Great opportunity to photograph the vast variety of birds and wildlife living in their natural habitat along the way.
Stopping for an picnic under the shade of the trees, we will walk to the dinosaur park where you will see a 160 million-year-old dinosaur footprint, discovered by Japanese scientists several few years ago. We return to the hotel for afternoon tea.
Today we drive down the valley. Trekking through wide open fields next to a cool river, we meet the Gorges of A’Aarouss situated at the feet of the second highest peak in Morocco (4067m). We will stop for a picnic lunch, then walk back through the small local villages.
During all these time, you will have plenty of opportunities to see the locals carrying on with their day to day tasks, including community farming, and the ladies washing their clothes in the valley stream.
After breakfast, we will drive back to Marrakesh. On the way, we will stop for refreshments in Demnat, a small picturesque town in the middle of the High Atlas mountains. A surprise treat waits with a walk under the natural Imi Nifri Bridge! Here you can see a wide variety of birds in their natural home. Listen to the gentle echo of the waterfalls and capture a photo of the ‘map of Atlas’.
Arriving back at the hotel in Marrakesh, you will have lots of time to refresh, relax and laze around the pool or use the spa. This is now your free time to tour the ‘red city’ visiting the colourful souks and dine in one of the fabulous minaret restaurants.
Day 8: Departure Day
Breakfast and a free day. Please make sure you are at the hotel three hours prior to your flight for our airport transfer.
- Atlas Mountains – A centre-based trek in the highest and most scenic mountain range in North Africa.
- Spend 6 nights in a wunderfull guest house in the beautiful valley of ait Bougemaz
- 1 night in the famous watherfall of Ouzoud with a refreshing walk around it
- The Berber People – Meet the local Berber people, enjoy their warm hospitality and learn about their traditions.
- Unforgettable moods, diverse impressions and experiences
Ait Bougmaz is a hidden gem in the Atlas region. A valley close to Ighil Mgoun, the highest summit in Morocco apart from the Toubkal range. The area is popular for trekking. There is a long, easy trek from the Tessaout Sources/ Tarkeddid plateau, which is reached from the Ait Bougmez valley. The centre of the region is the village of Tabant. From here, in less than an hours walk, several small villages can be explored – Imelghas, Iskatafene, Ikhf-n-Ighir, Agouti, Ait Imi Iqballioun, Ifrane, and Arous. Three hours walk away is the village of Taghoulit. With incredibly striking scenery and off the beaten trek locations, Ait Bougmez is still unspoiled.
- Tour Type: Big Group
- Duration: 8 Days
- Period:All year
- Level: Medium
- Accommodation: 2 nights Standar 6 nights in guest house or in a Camp
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
- Start Point: Marrakech
- End Point: Marrakech
- Altitude on Trek (m): 2200 m
- Transport: Minibus or 4×4 and mules for the luggage
What the Price does not Include:
- tips for porters, guides and other staff
- bar bills, drinks with meals, hotel refreshments
- meals other than those specified in the relevant trip dossier,
- entrance charges to some historical sites, certain national park and peak fees
- travel insurance
- personal clothing and equipment
What the Price Includes:
- Transport (4×4, minibus)
- Airport transfers at the beginning and end of a trip
- Accommodation (hotel, riads, mountain refuge, local guesthouse or camping)
- If you would like to book your own hotel or riad room, we can adjust the price of the tour. Please contact us for more details.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Experienced local leader(s)
- Local crew of drivers, cooks, porters and other appropriate staff