Pick up at the Marrakech airport by members of our team in our mini buses to the hotel. Here you will enjoy the opportunity to get to know your fellow guests and team as we dine together. After dinner, you will be offered a briefing for the next day to ensure you are always prepared.
After breakfast, we drive towards Azilal, a small & old city that was built from the French colonial. We stop for lunch in Azilil before continuing to the beautiful Ait Abbas and Ait Boulli valley, then finally arriving at Ait Bougmaz Valley, or the ‘Happy Valley’.
Here, we meet our group muleteers. After loading our provisions to the mules, we start slowly our first hike uphill for the day, passing through some nice Berber villages. Overnight in a camp near nomad houses.Driving Time: 4 hrs
Walking Time: 3 hrs
After breakfast, we trek up Tizi n’Oughri (3450m), enjoying the spectacular view of Mgoun summit ridge. Then we walk down to Tarkdite plateau, continue to the hut.
Overnight at the camp.
Walking time: 6 hrs
We leave the hut around 5am to climb Mgoun summit. It takes approximately 3 hrs to get to the ridge of Mgoun and then 2 more hour to the summit. You will enjoy the views over the whole Mgoun valleys. After summit, we will walk down to source Oulilimt by the other side of the mountains. Overnight at the camp.
Walking time: 9 hrs
After breakfast, we walk down along Assif Oulilimt and enjoy its beautiful & unique geologic forms. We may meet some nomadic Berber people with their animals. We then continue to the camp near Ain Aflafal. Overnight at the camp.
After breakfast, we walk along the Assif & visit Ain Aflafal (natural fountain), then an easy uphill to cross Tizi n’Tawenza (2600m), and down to Tinghmatine gorges to reach Mrabtine berber village. We will have mint tea at a Berber house.
Then we walk up Ouzighmt valley to join the path which will lead us to Tizi n’Ait Imi, visit of Tighermt n’Ait Ahmed, reach the pass after 5 hrs walking, enjoying the stunning views over Ait Bougmaz valley. Then it’s an easy walk down to Ait Imi, continue to Ikhf n’Ighir village. Overnight at the gite.
Walking time: 8 hrs
Optional: If you would like to skip the visit of Ouzighimt valley, we can walk to Ain Afelafal, then Tighremt’n Ait Ahmed, Tizi n’Ait Imi and back to Ait Bougmaz.
Walking Time: 6 hrs
After breakfast, we drive back to Marrakesh via Ait Abbass valley, Tizi n’Oughbar and Azilal city continue to visit the beautiful Ouzoude waterfalls on the way back to Marrakesh. Arrive around 6pm. Free time for hammam & spa! Overnight in a riad or hotel.
Driving time: 5 – 6 hrs
Day 8: Marrakech – Transfer to the airport for the return flight
Breakfast and a free day. Make sure you are at the hotel three hours prior to your flight for our airport transfer.
- Atlas Mountains – A centre-based trek in the highest and most scenic mountain range in North Africa.
- Spend 6 nights in a wunderfull guest house in the beautiful valley of ait Bougemaz
- 1 night in the famous watherfall of Ouzoud with a refreshing walk around it
- The Berber People – Meet the local Berber people, enjoy their warm hospitality and learn about their traditions.
- Unforgettable moods, diverse impressions and experiences
This trekking enables to discover the great diversity of the High Atlas Mountain by bringing you from the Valley of Ait bougmaz with its irrigated farming land and its inhabitants to the two highest peaks called M’Goun (4067 m) and Toubkal (4176 m).
A journey to discover the Berbers, their traditions and hospitality as well as the stunning sceneries offered by the High Atlas Mountains
- Tour Type: standar Group
- Duration: 8 Days
- Period: May to November
- Level: Medium
- Accommodation: 2 nights Standar 6 nights in guest house or in a Camp
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
- Start Point: Marrakech
- End Point: Marrakech
- Altitude on Trek (m): M’Goun Sumit 4067 m
- Transport: Minibus or 4×4 and mules for the luggage
What the Price does not Include:
- tips for porters, guides and other staff
- bar bills, drinks with meals, hotel refreshments
- meals other than those specified in the relevant trip dossier,
- entrance charges to some historical sites, certain national park and peak fees
- travel insurance
- personal clothing and equipment
What the Price Includes:
- Transport (4×4, minibus)
- Airport transfers at the beginning and end of a trip
- Accommodation (hotel, riads, mountain refuge, local guesthouse or camping)
- If you would like to book your own hotel or riad room, we can adjust the price of the tour. Please contact us for more details.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Experienced local leader(s)
- Local crew of drivers, cooks, porters and other appropriate staff