A camel rid through charming desert landscape:
Day 1: Marrakech – Telouat – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – Boumalen Dadès (Dadès Gorge)
After an early departure, cross the High Atlas Mountains and reach the 2260m-high Tizi n’Tichka pass. Then continue on to the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Many films have been shot there including The Mummy, Gladiator, 7 Days in Tibet, Alexander the Great, and Babel.
Then continue towards Ouarzazate through the implacable hamada followed by a visit to Kasbah of Taourirt and the film studios. The journey then continues along the Road of 1000 Kasbahs to the Dadès Valley. Along this road we will pass through the fascinating town of Skoura as well as Kalaat M’Gouna, which is known for its roses. After arriving in Boumalne Dadès, there will be dinner and an overnight stay.
Distance: 300 km
Day 2: Boumalen Dadès – Tinghir – Todra Gorge – Arfoud – Merzouga Dunes
Morning departure to Merzouga dunes. After Tinghir, visit the groves and then foray into the Todra Gorge. The limestone cliffs seem like an opening carved through the Todra Assif, which has spectacular peaks diving to the bed of the river.
The peaks rise up to 300m above the Todra which meanders from its source in the High Atlas mAfter lunch, we will continue to the palm groves of Tinjedad, Touroug and Erfoud. The tour will then continue to Merzouga where you will enjoy a camel ride through the fascinating dunes of Erg Chebbi, from which you can observe the sunset. Sand dunes are moving sculptures in the form of draperies whose colors vary according to the intensity of the light. They stand as living walls next to the desert with the highest reaching up to 150m.
The night is spent in nomadic tents or Marabou between the dunes of Merzouga or in an air-conditioned room.ountains. Walk freely through the gorges and palm groves.Distance: 250 km
Day 3: Merzouga – Rissani – Nqob – Tamnougalte – Ouarzazate – Marrakech
After breakfast, depart towards the Draa Valley through Rissani and Nqob. Cross the most mysterious desert landscapes, dotted with oases, before continuing to Ouarzazate along the Draa valley. The incredible scenery is bordered with palm groves and extends over a length of 200 km with fortified Ksour. The river continues in a thin stream of water and provides a strange green color in the middle pre-Sahara. After lunch, return to Marrakech. Distance: 550 km
- The Berber People – Meet the local Berber people, enjoy their warm hospitality and learn about their traditions.
- Sand dunes, stone deserts, oases, river beds, palm trees, acacias, tamarisks
- Fascination of the desert, calm, silence and at night a immense stars tent
- Unforgettable moods, diverse impressions and experiences
- one of the most beautiful routes
- Marrakech – Explore the Red City with its bustling souks and the vibrant Djemma El Fna Square.
Discover the real Morocco on this tour through the Sahara Desert and the Atlas Mountains. This 3-day tour from Marrakech takes you on an adventure through the beautiful scenery of southern Morocco. Enjoy the sunset behind the fascinating sand dunes, and see limestone cliffs, spectacular mountain valleys, and desert landscapes.
This journey passes through many interesting towns and villages, where you will get an insight into authentic Moroccan life. Visit the famous Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou – a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a popular location for many film settings.
Enjoy a camel ride through the fascinating dunes of Erg Chebbi and admire the palm groves surrounding the Todra Gorge. You also have the option to spend a night under the stars in a nomadic tent in the desert.
- Tour Type: Small Group
- Duration: 3 Days
- Period:All year
- Level: Easy
- Accommodation: 1 nights Standard + 1 night in a desert Camp
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Start Point: Marrakech
- End Point: Marrakech
- Altitude on Trek (m): 1200 m
- Transport: Minibus or 4×4
What the Price does not Include:
- tips for porters, guides and other staff
- bar bills, drinks with meals, hotel refreshments
- meals other than those specified in the relevant trip dossier,
- entrance charges to some historical sites, certain national park and peak fees
- travel insurance
- personal clothing and equipment
What the Price Includes:
- Transport (4×4, minibus)
- Airport transfers at the beginning and end of a trip
- Accommodation (hotel, riads, mountain refuge, local guesthouse or camping)
- If you would like to book your own hotel or riad room, we can adjust the price of the tour. Please contact us for more details.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Experienced local leader(s)
- Local crew of drivers, cooks, porters and other appropriate staff