Pick up at the Airport of Casablanca. Visit to Hassan II Mosque, the second biggest Mosque in the world, then we continue to Rabat, administrative capital of the country.
We will also visit some important monuments of Rabat: The Mohammed V Museum, the Hassan tower, the royal palace. We take dinner and stay the night in hotel or riad in Rabat.
In the morning we leave Rabat to visit the Roman ruins of Volubilis (a Unesco World Heritage Site), the most important Roman ruins of Morocco. This ancient city grew rapidly from 3rd century BC to 1st century AD.
Major buildings include a basilica, temple and triumphal arch. Its prosperity was mainly derived principally from olive growing, until falling to local tribes around 285.
In the afternoon visit of the important monuments of the city: Bab El Mansour, Lahdim square, and Mouly Ismaïl mausoleum. Then we drive to Fes. Dinner and overnight in a riad or hotel.
Today we discover one of the oldest and most beautiful imperial cities of Morocco, the spiritual capital of the country. In the morning, we visit the most important curiosities of this city: The Medressa’s (religious universities), the Najarine square, the mosque of Karaouine, the museum of Mouly Idriss.
Lunch is served at the Medina, the old city. In the afternoon, we will visit Fes El-Jedid (The New Fes), the Royal Palace, the School of Koran, the Jewish quarter and the Souk. We will have dinner in the Medina and overnight stay.
Early morning, we drive south through the Middle Atlas Mountains; passing the Cedar Forests of Azrou, some Berber villages, and continue for the Sahara Desert. We will have lunch at Midelt, a city famous for its fossils and minerals. We continue our trip through the mountains and enjoy the beautiful view of the Ziz Valley with its palm groves and kasbah.
We finally arrive at Merzouga where you can make a camel trip through the desert to view sunset. For dinner, you are served a traditional Berber Tagine. You will spend the night in a Berber tent under a starry sky. Overnight in private Berber tent in the Desert.
We wake up early in the morning to see a spectacular sunrise over the dunes. Then we return to the hotel for breakfast and a quick shower. We leave the desert for Ouarzazate through Tinghir. Just before Tinghir, we take right for a visit to the Todra Gorge. Before we reach Ouarzazate, we will pass across Kalaat Magouna and the Rose valley. Dinner and overnight in a riad in Ouarzazate.
After breakfast, we leave the Atlas Mountains, passing the pink valley and the Skoura Oasis. We pay a visit to the famous Atlas Film studio and a UNESCO World Heritage site, the beautiful Kasbah Aït Ben Haddou.
Then we continue to Marrakesh. We will have dinner and stay the night in Marrakesh.
Today you will learn to know the city of Marrakesh, Pearl of the South. After breakfast, you visit the Koutoubia mosque, the Palace of Bahia and Menara, under the guidance of a French/English/Germany speaking guide.
In the afternoon, you will visit the Jemaa-El-Fna square, the beating heart of Marrakesh, the colourful and scented alleys of the Souk. Dinner is served in Jemaa-El-Fna.
After breakfast in Riad in Marrakech. We drive to Essaouira (or ‘Mogador’ by European sailors and traders), known for its annual Gnaoua Music Festival that attracts 300,000 people in June. Essaouira has an expansive beach for surfing called Plage de Safi, the fishing harbor, offering breath-taking views of the Portuguese ramparts. Explore the ramparts and the spice and jewellery souks of the Medina. Dinner and overnight in riad or hotel.
Today we will take the coast way back to Casablanca, stopping at El Oualidia for lunch. Enroute you will visit the historical sites at El Jadida, then arrive in Casablanca in time for dinner at the hotel, where you will spend your last night in Morocco.
Day 10: Casablanca
Transfer to the airport of Casablanca (Mohamed V) for your return flight.
- Marrakech – UNESCO-listed Place Djemaa el Fna, souks and ancient medina
- Aït Benhaddou – UNESCO-listed fortified kasbah City
- Ouarzazate – home to Morocco’s film industry
- Dades Gorge “Valley of Roses”
- Merzouga – Berber village and start point for our camel trek into the great Sahara
- Erg Chebbi sand dunes – beginning of the Sahara
- Fes – the world’s oldest medieval City
- High Atlas Mountains
- Rabat – the Capital of Morocco
this journeywill take you to explore the famous Imperial Cities and Morocco Desert on this unforgettable 9 days adventure visiting Rabat, Fez in the Atlas Mountains before traveling south and then Marrakech and the desert in Ouarzazate and Ait Ben Haddou. You will visit ancient Berber kasbahs in the mountains.
- Tour Type: Standar Group
- Duration: 10 Days
- Period: All year
- Level: easy
- Accommodation: 9 nights Standar Hotel / Riad / Kasbah / Camp
- Meals: 9 breakfasts, 9 dinners
- Start Point: Marrakech / Casablanca
- End Point: Marrakech / Casablanca
- Transport: Minibus or 4×4/ Camels in the desert
What the Price does not Include:
- tips for porters, guides and other staff
- bar bills, drinks with meals, hotel refreshments
- meals other than those specified in the relevant trip dossier,
- entrance charges to some historical sites, certain national park and peak fees
- travel insurance
What the Price Includes:
- Transport (4×4, minibus)
- Airport transfers at the beginning and end of a trip
- Accommodation (hotel, riads, )
- Camel ride in the desert
- one overnight in a desert Camp
- If you would like to book your own hotel or riad room, we can adjust the price of the tour. Please contact us for more details.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Experienced local leader(s)
- Local crew of drivers, cooks, porters and other appropriate staff